Thursday 24 September 2015

Story-Telling: Boy Meets Girl (BBC Sitcom)

The BBC recently broadcast a new sitcom about a young guy who meets a much older woman. The twist on the story is that in the first episode we find out that this woman used to be a man. I chose to do some research on this show because of the scene when this happens. The scene in question is:


In this scene the boy, Leo, finds out that the girl, Judy, was "born with a penis". The scene then continues as a waiter over hears and has an awkward moment with Judy, all whilst Leo is just staring into the distance with a shocked look on his face. This theme is similar to themes I have already looked at when one character is shocked by something another character says, something which I would like to use in my own story. This surprise breaks the romantic feel the date had and replaces it with a quirky comedic moment. I like this theme and will attempt to build it into my own story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment