Sunday 27 September 2015

Story-Telling: Ideas From Real Life Experience

When thinking about what my story could be about I decided to look back upon real life experiences for inspiration. After looking back on some experiences I had a few ideas but there was one that stood out for me.

The other day when I was on the train a mother and daughter sat down on the seats in front of me. They were sitting there the whole time I was on the train. I sat quietly and listened to the way the two of them communicated which each other. The daughter was quite young so she didn't understand much and kept asking her mother questions. The two of them were colouring in some pictures and they seemed to have a nice relationship with one another.

This mother and daughter made me think about the relationship parents have with the children and the joy that new parents have when their child is born. It also made me think about the nerves that come about on the day a baby is born and the troubles some couples go through, for example parents that are not together.

The Idea

Waiting Room
From all this I thought about a story set in the waiting room of the maternity ward at a hospital. I wanted to create a story based around a father who doesn't have a great relationship with the mother and how this can all change when they meet their child for the first time. I wanted the father to have a conversation with a friend in the waiting room about what happened between him and the mother. I want to use the baby as a tool to bring the two young parents together again.


I will continue working on this idea, whilst still thinking about the others. I will develop and try out this idea to see if it works as a good story based around the starting point "The Meeting".

0 comments:

Post a Comment