Sunday 7 February 2016

Directions: Pre-Production- Shot List & Plan View

SHOT LIST

A few days ago I put together a shot list. This will help my camera operator understand what kind of shots I'm looking for. It will also help me visualise the film more during the pre-production process and during the production process. On the shot list I have detailed the scene, shot number, description, framing specs, takes, and additional notes.

CAMERA SCRIPT

I found that creating a camera script really helped me create the shot list. I could physically map out the action in the scene and then place cameras around it. This helped me explain the framing in my shot list, because I had a visual reference. I beleive this will also help my camera operator even more.

Before I could put together my own camera script, I had to work out how they shot the original scenes in Breaking Bad. Scene 2 is a very action based scene and so it was important that I got it right. So, I watched the scene back and created two camera scripts, one for Gus, and one for Walt, based on what I could see on screen.

I also listed all the separate shots they used and wrote about how they were cut together in the edit.

Camera script for Gus
Camera script for Walter
A breakdown of the shots
A breakdown of how they were edited together
Using these, I was then able to put my own together, matching the action from the original scene. I then added my own cameras.

Camera script for Walter
Camera script for Gus
And here is the final shot list:







0 comments:

Post a Comment