Tuesday 29 September 2015

Story-Telling: Final Idea Testing

After filtering through my initial ideas and testing each one to see if it would work and to see if I could answer the recommended questions (who, what, why, when & how), I have come to a conclusion.

This is the idea I have decided to continue developing:

A story set in the waiting room of the maternity ward at a hospital, based around a father who doesn't have a great relationship with the mother, a relationship that can all change when they meet their child for the first time. I want the father to have a conversation with a friend in the waiting room about what happened between him and the mother. I want to use the baby as a tool to bring the two young parents together again.

I started developing the idea and this is what I produced:

Brainstorm for final idea
I will now continue to work on this idea and come up with a 25 word pitch.

1 comment:

  1. hi josh - there is some terrific work going on in your journal. really good. In terms of your idea you are developing - its simple and effective. Has great potential. Remember steve's point though about making sure you SHOW emotions/feeling - rather than have people TALK about it. So make sure your meeting doesn't become dialogue heavy - with people expressing feelings. try and show it through actions. Waiting room good - you can also use space outside of this.
    good work so far. If you can keep up this standard through your journal - it will really serve you well when it comes to assessment and understanding your work. great stuff!

    ReplyDelete