Sunday 25 October 2015

Editing Workshop 2: Delicious Piece

For our second editing workshop we began looking at some of the tools that Premiere Pro has and how they can help ease the editing process. We used footage from a short documentary type piece about fair trade coffee beans called Delicious Piece.

During the workshop we looked at a number of the tools and what they do:

1. Selection Tool: Used for selecting items on the timeline and for moving them around on the timeline
2. Ripple Edit Tool: Change the length of clips. Timeline jumps to fill gap.
3. Rolling Edit Tool: Edit two clips at once. Edit ending of one whilst editing start of another.
4. Rate Stretch Tool: Increase or decrease speed of a clip
5. Razor Tool: Cut a clip.
6. Pen Tool: Create points on audio clips where you can adjust certain values of it like volume.
7. Hand Tool: Move around timeline.
8. Zoom Tool: Zoom in and out on the timeline.


I think these tools make the editing process so much easier and I will use them a lot in the future. I am slowly learning how to use this software properly and I think I'm picking it up well.




Here is the final product from this workshop:



Even though this session wasn't really about what the video looked like I still spend some time thinking about how I'd edit the clips together. For example, the opening credit sequence was much longer than it appears and, so it would fit with the music and voice over, I cut it into three shorter segments and re-edited it together. I also made some decisions about which shots to use whilst the narrator was speaking. For example, using the map graphics whilst he was talking about the locations. Overall I am happy about the final product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment