Monday 12 October 2015

Editing Workshop 1: I Think

I personally have only had a little bit of experience working with Premiere Pro, so this editing workshop was very uselful. For editing I normally use Sony Vegas Pro and I was relieved to find that the two programs do have some similarities. Also I have used After Effects a lot before and some of the keyboard shortcuts are similar.

For the workshop we had to edit together a collection of footage given to us by Ferg. There was no right or wrong way to edit it together, it was down to us to use the narration provided to decide how it should flow. This was my final product:


I cut the footage together using some basic transitions. I took inspiration from a film called The Taking of Pelham 123, in terms of how I layered the shots of subways trains. I put a few jump cuts in and added the jazz style background music, changing its length to fit certain points in the footage. I looked for certain cues in the footage, e.g. the character looking up at something, to help me decide how certain shots could be cut.

Inspiration: Taking of Pelham 123


Overall I was pleased by the final product and glad I had a chance to develop the little skill I had when it comes to using Premiere Pro. I hope by the end of these workshops I will be able to use Premiere like a professional.

0 comments:

Post a Comment