Thursday 15 March 2018

Major Project: Scene Breakdown

In preparation for the shoot, I created a scene breakdown that I could refer to.

SCENE BREAKDOWN



I have chosen to create this scene breakdown so I have all of the information I need to know for each scene on me at all times during the shoot.

Each scene is broken down into:
- Scene action/description
- Character details/emotion
- Costume
- Set dressing
- Camera set up/sound set up
- Number of camera set ups
- Notes

By breaking each scene down like this, it should hopefully make it easier for us to keep track of continuity, not just visually, but also in how the cast act out their character emotions and actions.

This will also help us to plan what we are doing, as it lists the camera/sound set up, and how many camera set ups we need to do for each scene. This will help us to manage our time.

Overall it is a great reference tool for both cast and crew to use before and during each scene to ensure we all know what is going on. It will help me as a director to know where I'm at in the film, which will help ensure the actors know too, as we will not be shooting in chronological order.

0 comments:

Post a Comment