Monday 2 May 2016

Documentary: Script- Draft 2

After our story outline meeting, I began working on a second script draft.

SCRIPT- DRAFT 2

I started by deleting everything from the original draft because the entire story had been changed. Next, using the story outline, I wrote all of the narrator's dialogue in the order it would be heard on screen. I started with the introduction, which was very important as it set the entire documentary up. As part of the story outline, the narrator sets up the location and, after the opening titles, sets up the first character. I then went through the script and came up with dialogue for the narrator to say at the beginning of each section to help the story flow. Finally, I wrote the conclusion, something I knew would change after we had filmed everything.

Next I went through the script and added in any relevant quotes from our characters that I had gathered during the interviews I conducted during my research. After this I filled in any gaps with descriptions of what the audience can expect to see/hear on screen between quotes. And finally I filled up the visual side of the script, trying to come up with a visual for almost every line spoken by either the narrator or the characters.

Page 1 of the 2nd draft

I will use this script to create a shot list, and to help me write questions for the on screen interviews. The third draft will not be written until filming has been completed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment