Monday 25 January 2016

Directions: Breaking Bad Opening Titles

For my project I really want it to feel like it is a proper episode of Breaking Bad. To make it feel more real I wanted to use the Breaking Bad opening titles as a way to start my film off, like an episode would. However, I didn't just want to use the normal titles; I wanted them to have my name on them. So to do this I used After Effects.

In After Effects I imported the original opening titles and created some additional layers. I started by adding in "Joshua Jones Directs" above the Breaking Bad logo. I then added a dissolve transition so the text would appear on the screen in the same way that the words "Breaking" and "Bad" do.

Next I wanted to replace the second half of the opening titles were it says "Created by Vince Gilligan". Instead I wanted it to say "Based on Thirty-Eight Snub & End Times", so people would know where I took the scenes from. To do this I used a smoke asset to recreate the original transition from the logo to the "Created by..." part, expect I made it transition into a new composition. Inside this new composition, I used a special "Breaking Bad" font to add my text. Behind this text I added in the background from the original opening titles, except I had removed the "Created by..." part.

I then added motion blur and rendered the project. Here is the final result:



0 comments:

Post a Comment