Monday 26 September 2016

Digital News: Facebook/Twitter/YouTube


To add to the branding of our digital news production, we decided to create a Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube account.

YOUTUBE

Having a YouTube account was very important for our brand, as although we had a website, we needed somewhere to host our videos. We believed that YouTube was the best platform for our brand.

When setting up the YouTube account, I kept our brand in mind. I set the logo as our current test design, and I created a header using the header design from our website. In the about section I used our 25 word pitch as I felt this best was the best summary of our aims.

Here is the final channel-


I sent a link to the channel to the rest of the group and they all seemed happy with it, however we will discuss it in our next meeting.

TWITTER

Twitter is a very popular social media platform. When everyone is talking about something, they are usually talking about it on Twitter. We thought it would be great if our brand had a Twitter account, so I set one up.

When setting up the Twitter account, I kept our brand in mind. I set the logo to our current test logo, and I used the header from the youtube channel as the header for our Twitter account. I used our 25 word pitch as the description as it fit perfectly. Finally, I set our colour scheme to that of our brand, orange and purple.

Here is the final Twitter page-


I sent a link to the page to the rest of the group and they all seemed happy with it, however we will discuss it in our next meeting. I also followed the group on Twitter so they could all follow back.

FACEBOOK

Facebook is a great way to share media with your audience, and so Nisserin thought it'd be great if we had a page, and the rest of the group agreed. She set one up and used the graphics from the Twitter, and YouTube to keep the brand consistent over all platforms.

Here is the final Facebook page, with an updated logo:



Overall we are happy with the YouTube, Twitter & Facebook pages and we think they fit the brand that we have created.

Links-

Images-

0 comments:

Post a Comment