Monday 1 February 2016

Directions: Directors Statement

As this unit is all about being a director, I thought it'd be a good idea for me to write a 'Director's Statement', so others can understand how I see the world and how I interpret stories.

DIRECTOR'S STATEMENT: JOSHUA JONES

"I take a great interest in the filmmaking process. Watching something go from being words on a page, to visuals on a screen, is wonderful. I believe that anyone can make a film, but only certain people know how to make a masterpiece. By mixing audio, visuals and storytelling, you can create a more powerful piece than by using just one art form on its own. I want to create films that represent my personality and the way I see the world, and to do this I try to use the camera to tell the story in a handheld, realistic and rough manner. I like to roll for as long as possible and keep the camera moving, following the action as it progresses. And over the years I've produced work that I feel represents my vision. But, without incredible directors like Steven Spielberg and J.J. Abrams, I wouldn't have a vision, because I wouldn't be making movies. I'm inspired by the work they have produced, and I'm driven by my passion for the industry. My hope is that this passion comes across on screen, and that when people see my work, they will understand my vision and how it represents my view of the world."

It's a pretty long statement, but I think it perfectly sums up my vision, and my inspiration, when it comes to making films.

0 comments:

Post a Comment