Monday 7 December 2015

Directions: Drama Series Choice

As part of our directions unit we have been asked to chose a drama that we would like to adapt a scene from.

I have chosen BREAKING BAD


Breaking Bad was a American crime drama produced by Sony Pictures for the AMC network. It ran for 5 seasons between 2008 and 2013. It was created and produced by Vince Gilligan.
The show tells the story of Walter White, a chemistry teacher diagnosed with terminal lung cancer, who, along with a former student, Jessie Pinkman, turns to a life of crime, producing and selling crystal meth to help secure his family's financial future before he dies.
Directors:

11 episodes were directed by Michelle MacLaren. 8 episodes were directed by Adam Bernstein. And 5 episodes were directed by Vince Gilligan, the show's creator. Even Bryan Cranston directed 3 episodes. All the other episodes were directed by a mixture of directors. It is clear however that Michelle MacLaren was the main director.


Clip: Breaking Bad Season 1-5 Trailer


Why I chose Breaking Bad:

I was a late comer to the Breaking Bad fan club. Everyone was always going on about it so I decided to finally watch it. I watched all five seasons over one summer and I absolutely loved it. I chose Breaking Bad because I think it is one of the greatest pieces of television to have been produced in the last 10 years. I think it has some great moments, but I won't say what they are in case you haven't seen it, because I guarantee you will eventually. The characters are great, the storyline is great, the dialogue is great, it's just great! I was addicted to it!

I want to adapt one of those great moments in my own way and use Vince's incredible dialogue to create my own masterpiece just like Breaking Bad. Of course it will never be anywhere near as good as Breaking Bad, but I will give it my best shot.

Oh and the other reason I chose it was so I could give myself an excuse to watch it all over again!!

I have not decided on a scene/s yet however I have decided that I will choose one/a few from season 1 because that season set up the story and introduced us to Walter White and Jessie Pinkman, two incredible characters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment