Saturday 13 May 2017

Professional Practice: Branding

In preparation for the edit, I produced some branded content I could use to give the film an overall King Ethelbert School look.

BRANDING

I felt having branded content was important so it would be very clear who this film is about, made by/for, and owner by. To brand the video I produced:

- A background image to be used for title cards
- Lower thirds
- A logo end card

The logo for the school is purple, navy blue, and white, so I used these three colours in each item of branding.

BACKGROUND IMAGE

I didn't want the branding to be over the top and excessive so I kept it simple. For the background I brought the logo into photoshop. I then added a white background, and lowered the opacity of the logo so it appeared as watermark. Finally I placed it in the bottom right hand corner so the center was free from distractions for text to be overlaid.

The background image is simple, fits the schools brand, and can be used in video productions, presentations etc...

Here is the final background:


LOWER THIRDS

To create the lower thirds I started by setting up a 1920 x 1080 pixels canvas in Photoshop. This would allow me to create and position the lower thirds so I could see how they would look in the final video production.

I create a white rectangle, and placed the logo onto it as a watermark to follow the theme set by the background image.

Finally I added a text layer for the title, and subtitle, using the schools font and colours. Below is the final design used in the video:


LOGO END CARD

I thought it was important that the film had a logo end card because it would act as a sign of copyright on the video. It would also feature the schools logo, and website address.

I started by bringing the logo and background image created earlier into After Effects. I split the logo into small sections on different layers so I could animate each bit independently. I then added a few position key frames and animated each section so it came onto screen in an engaging manner. Finally I added the website address and copyright information using the schools font and colours.

Below is the final end card used in the film:



The school loved my branded content and have asked that I provide them with it so they can use it in other video productions, something I'm happy for them to do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment