Thursday 11 May 2017

Professional Practice: Shot List & Questions for Interviews

As part of my preparation for my commission project, I produced a shot list and a list of questions to use whilst filming the interviews.

SHOT LIST

This shot list is not very long, and not extremely detailed because it is difficult to know who the actuality will plan out, hence you can only plan certain shots, and do the rest on the fly. The shot list details information on shot descriptions and framing. This will help me during the shoot because it will hopefully ensure I get the minimum amount of coverage I need to put a film together. As I will be shooting actuality, I will likely film more than this shot list calls for. If I were working with others on this production, this shot list would be essential in helping them understand the types of shots I want for the final film.

Below is the final shot list:



QUESTIONS FOR INTERVIEWS

I have produced a list of questions I will use during my interviews to ensure I get all of the information out of my interviewees that I need to successfully tell the story this film aims to tell. This list also includes a reminder to me to get my interviewees to say and spell out their names at the start of each interview. This will ensure I get all of the information on my lower thirds correct.

These questions have been written based on what the teachers have already told me about their techniques and what the school have told me they want to be included in the final film. I have also written questions for the student interviews to again ensure I get the information out of them that I need to tell the story. I am prepared to reword questions on the spot to push the interviewees in the right direction. I am also prepared to tell them what to say if they still are giving me the information they have given me before. I will also remind all interviewees to answer questions in a manner that allows viewers to work out what the question was asking, e.g. saying "I enjoyed the lesson" not just "yes" in response to the question "did you enjoy the lesson?".

Below is the final list of questions I produced:

0 comments:

Post a Comment