Wednesday 6 December 2017

Professional Pre-Production: Crew

As part of this process, as well as casting, I must also choose a crew. I will not be choosing an entire crew as that would be impossible and pointless, instead I will be choosing a Director, Cinematographer, Editor, Production Designer, and a Composer.

CREW

Director: David Sant
Worked on:
- Benidorm
- Bluestone 42
- Jonathan Creek
- Stella

Chosen because he has worked on other comedy productions that have similar styles and themes to Pleasure Park. As well as this, he has also worked on other series for Sky One, so they'd be more willing to hire him again.


Agent: https://www.independenttalent.com/directors/david-sant/





Editor: Nick Ames
Worked on:
- Benidorm
- Plebs
- Red Dwarf
- Death in Paradise


Chosen because he has worked on productions that have a similar editing style to Pleasure Park. As well as this, he has worked on other shows with my chosen director.


Agent: http://www.jessicacarneyassociates.co.uk/clients/technicians/nick-ames/




Rob Kitzmann: Cinematographer
Worked on:
- Episodes
- Plebs
- Outnumbered
- Him & Her


Chosen because he has worked on other shows that have a similar visual style to Pleasure Park. As well as this, he has worked with my chosen editor, production designer, and composer before on other productions.


Agent: http://robkitzmann.com/






Julian Fullalove: Production Designer
Worked on:
- Upstart Crow
- Trollied
- Red Dwarf
- Plebs


Chosen because he has worked on other shows that have a similar production design to Pleasure Park. He has also worked on other workplace comedies, one of which was for Sky One, so they'd be willing to hire him again for another production. He has also worked with my chosen editor, cinematographer, and composer before.


Agent: http://www.julianfullalove.com/


Oli Julian: Composer

Worked on:
- Plebs
- Episodes
- Josh
- Catastrophe


Chosen because produced soundtracks which sound similar to the types of soundtracks I would like for Pleasure Park. As well as this, he has worked with my chosen editor, cinematographer, and production designer on previous productions.


Agent: http://www.mannersmcdade.co.uk/composer/oli-julian/



Most of my crew choices have worked together at least once on another show, which I feel would help if they had to work on this show together too. They already have good work relationships.

I have chosen this crew because of the shows they have worked on in the past. I have watched clips from the shows they worked on to better understand their styles, and I feel they all fit with what I have planned for Pleasure Park. They have all worked in the comedy genre, so they should feel fine doing it again for Pleasure Park.

0 comments:

Post a Comment