Wednesday 18 November 2015

Work Experience- Runner on CBBC'S "Ultimate Brain"

Recently I was lucky enough to get the chance to spend two days working as a runner on the set of CBBC'S "Ultimate Brain".
Ultimate Brain Logo
During my time in the studio:

  • I helped the crew bring things on and off set.
  • I kept food and water stocked up.
  • I helped the chaperones look after the contestants.
  • Provided drinks for the crew, contestants & celebrities.
  • I stood-in as the contestants whilst the crew set up their shots.
  • I helped the props department prepare props for the science based games (this included blowing up 600 balloons!)
Whilst I was there I got to watch a lot of the show and see how they prepare for and then shoot some of the games they play on the show. I was able to meet and chat with the stars of the show, and even spend some time with the celebrity contestants. I also spent some time in the gallery watching them mix the show together. I had a brilliant time and learnt so much about how a studio show is put together. I asked loads of questions and found out as much as a possibly could. Everyone was really friendly and happy to answer my questions. I really felt like I was part of the crew and I wish I could have done more than just two days. It was a brilliant piece of work experience and I made some great contacts. I even got to attend the wrap party!! It was a great experience!

Here are some of my photos:

They used a scissor lift to drop water balloons during a game

The Gallery

On set

0 comments:

Post a Comment