Tuesday 24 October 2017

Professional Pre-Production: Branding/Marketing Version 2

Prior to my greenlight pitch it was mentioned that my title card design, and promotion designs were too clean and polished to represent a show about somewhere that is failing. From this I came up with the idea that the designs could look worn and distorted.

BRANDING/MARKETING DEVELOPMENTS

I looked around online at abandoned theme parks, and how certain elements of them look deteriorated over time, specifically posters on the walls. I found that they discolour, tear, and peel off the wall. I took these three elements and applied to the graphics I had created previously.

I added a grunge texture and a page peel. I also took the logo of the show, tilted it slightly, and made it look as though some of the letters were broken lights.

After all these updates, the branding and marketing mock-ups looked like this:

TITLE CARD



POSTER



BILLBOARD



SMALL BILLBOARD


 

BUS POSTER




BUS STOP POSTER



I am very happy with the changes I have made. I feel they better represent the show now that they look more damaged and deteriorated, as they match the style and themes of the show. The amusement park this show is about is deteriorating and ready to close, so it makes sense that the graphics and promotional material follow suit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment