Monday 2 May 2016

Documentary: Risk Assessments

After my initial visit to our filming location, I put a risk assessment together to ensure everyone was safe during the production of our documentary.

RISK ASSESSMENTS

When I initially visited the location I kept some notes on any hazards I saw on the allotments. I also asked one of the head growers on site about any hazards I needed to think about when writing the risk assessment. And finally, to prepare for the risk assessment, I also checked with the National Allotment Society, who list some hazards to consider on their website.

Here are some of the risks I noticed/discovered:

  • General crew hazards- handling equipment.
  • Uneven ground
  • Vehicles
  • Hazardous rubbish
  • Plants causing skin irritation
  • Wildlife
  • Illnesses caused by bacteria in the soil
Page 1
Page 2
After completing this risk assessment, I have decided that it will be safe to film on this location. I will now share this risk assessment with the rest of my group, and the staff/volunteers on the allotments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment