Sunday 22 January 2017

Studio Production: Ideas Development- Set Design

As part of my preparation for the pitch, I have worked on some set design for the two ideas I am currently working on.

SET DESIGN

Idea 1- The Big Movie Quiz

For this idea I wanted the set design to represent the glamorous Hollywood style I was going for. To do this I chose to use a L.A. backdrop with the Hollywood sign visible. I also added the film reels to the backdrop as they feature in the opening titles. I have also added a red carpet to the floor to add to the Hollywood themes, and a doorway with a glitter curtain. And finally I have add some studio lights to the set to add to the behind the scenes movie style that the show has. In terms of lighting I have used blue lights to light the backdrop like it's nighttime, and I have used white spotlights to light the host and contestants.

I have inputted the dimensions for Studio 2 into the software I used to ensure the set, cameras, and audience will fit into the studio.

Below are a few renders of the set design designed using Sweet Home 3D:






Idea 2- Win The Internet

For this set I decided to use the same layout as the previous set design as it still works well, and it's a dimension I know fits into Studio 2.

I have chosen to use a brick wall as the background as it matches the late night rustic neon style the titles have. Around the set I have placed the yellow lines that also feature in the opening titles. I have added windows to the set with a nighttime city view. This again adds to the late night feel that the show has. I have lit the backdrop using blue lights to match the blue neon style logo design.





Both sets have a similar but unique style that matches the show they have been designed for. Both sets also have TVs built into them to allow for graphics to be shown to the contestants and crowd. If either of my ideas are chosen, I will pass these designs onto our set designers as a good starting point.

0 comments:

Post a Comment