Monday 16 January 2017

Studio Production: Initial Ideas

The Studio Production unit is the unit I have been most excited about since starting the course, and so I've been working on my ideas since the summer. I'd like to do an entertainment game show/quiz of some sort, and I have come up with a few initial ideas that will allow me to explore this avenue. Some are more developed than others.

INITIAL IDEAS

Idea 1- Win The Internet


Win The Internet is a late night comedy quiz/gameshow about popular internet phenomena. As part of the show, two contestants compete against each other in an attempt to win the internet. Win the internet is a popular term for someone who has done very well online. One of the comedy elements of the show is that the points don't really matter, because at the end of the show the audience decides who won the internet. The winner then receives the internet (a box of ethernet cables) and a crown, whilst the loser must wear a poop emoji mask for the rest of the show. In terms of target channels, I'd say either late night Comedy Central or ITV2.

Idea 2- The Big Movie Quiz


The Big Movie Quiz is a comedy/entertainment quiz show about all things movie related, old and new. As part of the show two or three contestants compete against each other to win gold stars (instead of points) by answering quiz type questions across of series of movie related rounds. The winner across the initial rounds then gets to play Box Office Line Up. In this final round the contestant is faced with a series of boxes, each containing the total box office of a certain movie. They must then work their way down the line, guessing whether the next film earnt more, or less money in the box office. If they complete the line up, they win the show, and the golden clapper board.

Idea 3- That Classic Gameshow


That Classic Gameshow is a gameshow that takes classic games from classic gameshows, and puts a modern twist on them. This idea is not as developed as the other ideas, and it's more of a back up idea incase the others fail.

Idea 4- Live From The Basement


Live From The Basement is a late night variety program set in a basement/social club setting. Each night/week a musician, comedian, and variety act would perform on the show, and chat to the host. The show mixes the variety and chat show elements together. That's all the development this idea currently has.

Those four ideas are my initial ideas. I will now go forward with these, work on which ones I'd like to keep, and eventually choose one as my final pitch idea. If I had to choose one now, I'd like to use The Big Movie Quiz, as it's the one I can see working well with the time constraints, and budget we have as students.

0 comments:

Post a Comment