Wednesday 7 February 2018

Major Project: Location Floor Plan

As part of my process to prep for directing the film I created a floor plan of the location we are using.

LOCATION FLOOR PLAN

I decided to create a floor plan of the location so I could create blocking sheets for the actors and for Ellen the DOP. The blocking sheets will help everyone understand the geography of each scene, and the camera placement/movement in each scene.

To create the floor plan I used some information I had gathered during our location recce and a piece of software called Sweet Home 3D. I had previous used this software to create set designs for the Studio Production Unit. This software allows you to create 2D floor plans and 3D models. I can use the 3D models to create images for the storyboard as I'm not very good at drawing.

The 2D floor plans of the location looked like this:

Bottom Floor 

Top Floor
I used this floor plan to create a 3D image of how I would like to dress the storage room location, as we needed to show Simon our plans for how we were going to do that. We wanted the room to look full, and we were going to use lots of boxes and effective lighting to do that. This was the image:


I also used it to create some other images that give people a good idea of what our location looks like:




This floor plan will be used to create blocking sheets later in the pre-production process.

0 comments:

Post a Comment