Tuesday 20 February 2018

Major Project: How To Conceal A Clip Mic

Sound is really important to me and I want it to be good, so I have looked out how we can conceal clip mics on our actors during the shoot.

HOW TO CONCEAL A CLIP MIC

If we can conceal clip mics on our actors, and if we do it correctly, it should ensure that we have good sound for the edit. I looked around on YouTube for some good videos on concealing clip mics and most of them spoke about different products that can be used to do this. There were also a lot of videos about homemade alternatives, like using duct take or stage tape to create a layer that prevents rustling.

The main problem when concealing a clip mic is the rustle created by clothing. I tired some of the homemade options, and each one still created too much rustling for my liking, so I began looking around on the internet for a cheap option, and a found a set of what are called under-covers.



These under-covers are designed to go under a single layer of clothing. They have a sticky tab which you stick the microphone to. You then stick a fluffy cover over that and it forms a little bag over the microphone that prevents clothing rustle. I purchased a packet of 30 which will be more than enough for our film. I have tested them and they work very well. I look forward to hearing the sound we get using clip mics on our actors during the shoot.

Images:

0 comments:

Post a Comment