Wednesday 7 December 2016

Fiction Adaptation: Shot List/Framing

As part of the pre-production for this unit, I have created a shot list to go with my camera script, and plan view.

SHOT LIST/FRAMING

This shot list will help my camera operator, and myself, understand what it is I want and need to film to ensure I have enough coverage of my scenes. It will also help me plan my filming day, as I know what shots I need to get, and how I am planning on getting them. And finally the shot list helps any others working on the project understand what framing I’m looking for, which is good for helping actors prepare for certain scenes.

For the shot list I have decided to film the entire script in about 5 shots, all with different frame sizes. I will then shoot all the additional shots I need afterwards to ensure I have enough coverage for each separate scene. By doing this, I save time by not having to keep setting up the same frame each time I come to a new part of the script. Instead I’ll film all the scenes with the same frame, at the same time. So although my shot list has about 28 shots in it, some of them have the same frame, and so can be filmed at the same time.

In terms of framing, I have decided to keep each shot very tight, and close to the action. Even the wide shots of the location feel quite tight. I want the shots to make the location, and the interior of the car, look small and claustrophobic, because it is, and I want that to come across on screen. I want the audience to feel like they’re trapped in the film, just like the boy is, and I feel a tight frame will help achieve this effect. I would also like a majority of the shots to have a shallow depth of field so use the settings on the camera to achieve this.

This shot list will prove very helpful on filming day. Below are a few screenshots:




0 comments:

Post a Comment