Thursday 13 April 2017

Studio Production: Second Rehearsal (21/03/17)

SECOND REHEARSAL

As we had recently had our meeting with the set design team, we had some measurements we could use to create a set layout in the studio which will help us rehearse certain elements of the show. We began to tape the set onto the floor when we realised the measurements didn't seem to match the design the set team showed us. I decided it'd be best to email the set team to quickly resolve this issue. Whilst we waited for a response, we taped down what we thought was correct instead of what they gave us.

These are the incorrect measurements they gave us
I sent this to the set design team as this is what we thought the measurements should be
In the end it turned out we were correct and the set design team had got it wrong. Also after taping the set down, we thought it was too small so we asked the set team to extend the end flats by another 800mm, something they were happy to do.


Once we had sorted the set issues, we continued with the rehearsals by running through round 2, 3 & 4 with Del. To do this Becca and I were on the studio floor showing everyone the current plans for content and positioning for each of those sections of the show. As we went through Del made suggestions as to changes I can make in terms of content. 

By the afternoon I had-
- Made changes to numerous areas of dialogue.
- Added a spinner to the pie face game.
- Added more time to the chat with the contestants at the start of the show.
- Changed the dialogue for the beginning of round 4.
- Changed the way the final scores are announced to make it less confusing for the audience.

For the afternoon we planned to rehearse the whole show from start to finish. We roped in some third years to stand in whilst we rehearsed everything. I came up with a makeshift talkback system we could use so I could practice my role of communicating with the presenter from the gallery. To create this makeshift talkback we used a clip mic. I wore the clip mic, and the presenter had the receiver with an earphone attached to it. I found this system worked quite well.

Same as in the morning we ran through each section of the show to try and nail down all the details. By the end of the rehearsals I was confident we could easily do a full run through.

From this rehearsal I learnt a lot about each section of the show. I found it helped to highlight any issues on my side of the production, and for each issue we worked to come up with a solution that made the show even better. I also found that we kept running out of questions so I will now write some more into the script to hopefully avoid this issue during the real show. I look forward to our next rehearsal which will be with our real presenter.

This rehearsal also gave me a chance to practice my role of keeping track of scores and keeping the presenter happy by talking to them during the show. I think I did a good job, although I did often lose track of scores as I was too busy watching the show. I will work on this before the next rehearsal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment