Thursday 8 December 2016

Fiction Adaptation: Editing Fine Cut

To prepare for the fine cut feedback, I have re-edited my film

EDITING FINE CUT

I began my removing all of the text, apart from the title, as this was the main suggestion after the rough cut viewing. I also changed the fonts.

Next I removed all of my ambience audio, as I personally didn't like how it sounded. I then downloaded some artificial ambience from the YouTube Audio Library and placed into the timeline, replacing all of the original ambience.

After this I started working on some of my cinematic hits and impacts, as during the rough cut viewing, it was discovered that they were hard to hear without headphones or good speakers. I went through the edit, and replaced all of them with new hits and impacts, checking that you could hear them through the mac speakers, instead of through my headphones.

Next I went through the edit and re-fine tuned some of my cuts, to fit all the new sound effects. And finally, I added a new recording of the poem, which I had recorded whilst it was playing out of the speakers of a car. This helped to sell the idea that it was playing out of the radio during the scene. To build onto this, I added in a few extra sound effects that related to the poem, to ensure it didn't get lost in the film.

I am very happy with the new fine cut, and I'm glad I made the suggested changes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment