Wednesday 7 December 2016

Fiction Adaptation: Risk Assessments

As part of the pre-production for this unit, I have produced a risk assessment for my filming day and chosen location.

RISK ASSESSMENTS

To prepare for this risk assessment, I scouted out my chosen location, and made a note of all potential hazards, which included:

- Trips/slips- cables, equipment bags, wet/uneven ground, curbs, steps.
- Roads and cars.
- Pedestrians.
- General crew hazards- handling equipment, setting equipment up.
- Old buildings.
- Overgrown areas surrounding the location.

When producing the risk assessment I had to think carefully about how I could prevent any risk, these prevention (or control) measures included:

- Keeping equipment bags off set.
- Making everyone aware of the hazards (safety talk)
- Proper supervision.
- Removing obvious trip hazards.
- Keeping an eye out for vehicles and wearing high visibility jackets.
- Ensuring everybody wraps up warm to avoid related illnesses.
- And more listed in the screenshots below.

All safety measures will be adhered to during filming. The risk assessment was signed off, and so filming can go ahead.



0 comments:

Post a Comment