Saturday 9 January 2016

Directions: Why Breaking Bad?

I have been working on this unit for a few weeks now I am pretty happy I picked Breaking Bad. And here's why I picked it in the first place.

Why I picked Breaking Bad

I was a latecomer to the Breaking Bad fan club. Everyone was always going on about it so I decided to finally watch it. I watched all five seasons over one summer and I absolutely loved it.

I chose Breaking Bad because I think it is one of the greatest pieces of television to have been produced in the last 10 years. I think it has some great moments, but I won't say what they are in case you haven't seen it, because I guarantee you will eventually. The characters are great, the storyline is great, the dialogue is great, it's just great! I was addicted to it!

I want to adapt one of those great moments in my own way and use Vince's incredible dialogue to create my own masterpiece just like Breaking Bad. Of course it will never be anywhere near as good as Breaking Bad, but I will give it my best shot.

Breaking Bad has a very particular style, a style I want to adapt in my own way. I want to show people what it would be like if I directed an episode of Breaking Bad. I will take Vince's characters and his writers dialogue and turn it into something different, whilst still keeping the essence that Breaking Bad has.

My chosen scenes are very tense, like most episodes, and I don't want to lose that feeling. That's one of the reasons I love the show, it's so tense. If it was a book it would definitely be a page turner. This show has more cliffhangers than Everest. I'm glad I got the chance to watch it all in one go because I don't think I could have waited a whole week between episodes to find out what happened next.

And that's pretty much why I chose Breaking Bad. Great stories! Great characters! Great dialogue! Great show!


0 comments:

Post a Comment