Wednesday 20 January 2016

Directions: Script Feedback

Recently I received feedback on the first draft of my script for 'Joshua Jones Directs Breaking Bad':

"Nicely written out script. It's very very detailed, so that will be key that you get that kind of coverage to pull out the emotion and drama of it. Sound design will be VERY important... The night scene in will be tough to film - so think how you can do this with limited light. Also, be good if you can link the scenes somehow..
Key elements:
Good casting required, confident. Plus the right ages and look.
Great locations and think about the night scene - as in how.
Sound design.
Good coverage.

This is a greenlight project"

I am very pleased with this feedback as it means I can start working on creating the film, knowing I have a good enough script to do so.

I need to think very carefully about my location choices, and I believe the ones I have chosen will work perfectly. I also need to think very carefully about my cast, and again I believe the people I am planning on choosing will work very well, and fit the physical descriptions.

My main concern is the night scene. I have considered changing it to a late afternoon scene instead, when the sun is going down. I will have limited light and time but it won't be as limiting as shooting at night. This is something I will think about.

And finally I need to think carefully about sound design as that is what creates the tension that these two scenes have.

0 comments:

Post a Comment