Saturday 2 January 2016

Directions: Pre-Production- Locations 2

Today I went and looked at two more of my possible locations. These two are for my first scene, which takes place outside Gus's house. Walt goes to Gus's house to kill him but is stopped before he enters.

LOCATION 1

The first location was a street near my own which, in my opinion, has a similar vibe to the one featured in the show. The lighting at night is similar and the atmosphere on camera is similar. It also has certain features, like the fact that it is on a corner, which make it more like the location used in the show. The house is not important, I am interested in the actual space outside the house as this is where the scene takes place. I need somewhere to park Walt's car as a large portion of the scene takes place inside the car. I also need to create a good amount of space between the car and the house so I have room for the second half of the scene. I think the location is very suitable and although it doesn't look at all American it does fit into my initial idea of doing a British adaptation. The only issue I have with the location is that it can be busy at times as it is a public street meaning it could make filming difficult.

Here are some photos of the location that I have edited to make them look as they would in the film:

The street
The House
LOCATION 2

The second location is a house and street in a small area away from the main roads. My reasons for choosing it are very similar to that of the previous location. I think the lighting is similar and the vibe is similar. Again the house is not important, it is the space outside the house I am focusing on. There is not as much space outside this house but there is still enough to play out the scene. I can see where I would place Walter's car and where the second half of the scene would take place. Unlike the first location, this one is away from busy streets and is mostly secluded so I wouldn't have to worry about cars and people getting in the way. Again I think this location is suitable, and looks a little bit posher than the first location; I'm not sure yet if that is the look I want. As it is a more private area, it may be more difficult to get permissions.

Here is a photo of the location that I have edited to make it look as it would in the film:


Overall I think both locations are useable and so I will continue to look into them and eventually pick one to use in the final film.

0 comments:

Post a Comment