Friday 1 January 2016

Directions: Pre-Production- Locations 1

Today I went out and looked at one of my possible locations. It's an industrial area not too far from my home. I met up with the owner of the property and told him what I was planning to do. He seemed pretty happy and let me take a few photos so I could visualise the project a little bit more.

I am planning to use the location during my first scene, which is originally set in a multi-story carpark. I have decided to change the location from the original script because of logistical and health and safety reasons. For the scene a car needs to be parked so I double checked to make sure this would be okay and was pleased to hear that it would be.

Suitability?

I think the location is very suitable for what I am planning. There is enough space to accommodate the scene, all be it in a different manner than the original script. Whilst there I blocked the scene out in my head and I think it will work. However, I am unsure about where to place Walter White in the location. He has to be hiding. There is a portion of fence he could hide behind but if that doesn't work I will have to create a makeshift hiding spot.

I put my photos into Photoshop and messed about we them until they looked like how I would expect them to look in the final cut, once all the colour correction has been done. Here they are:

The site
Where Gus's car will be parked
Where Walter could hide
Overall I think the location is very suitable and I well definitely keep it in mind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment