Friday 1 January 2016

Directions: Initial Ideas

For this project I have decided to focus on the American drama series "Breaking Bad". Unfortunately I can't go over to America (more specifically Albuquerque) to shoot my script so I have to think of a way to work around this whilst still being able to use great locations.

My initial idea is to act as though I am directing a British adaptation of Breaking Bad. This means I will still be using the same dialogue and characters but I will be setting it in more British looking locations, rather than trying to find American looking ones in the UK.

During my location scouting I will not rule out any locations if they look too American because if I were to find enough American looking locations I could just put the script back in it's original setting.

So to summarise, I am going to act as though I have been asked to direct a British adaptation of Breaking Bad. I am doing this so I won't be limited when it comes to location scouting and casting. I have a few locations in mind thus far and so I will go and have a look to see if they are suitable.

I have also thought about changing one of the settings for one of my scenes. One of my scenes, taken from S4E2, is set in a multi-story carpark and on the rooftop of a building. I am thinking of changing this to a more industrial looking location because I think the scene will work just as well in that location and because it's a little better in terms of logistics and health and safety (due to constant moving vehicles).

I will continue to develop these initial ideas and see where it takes me.


0 comments:

Post a Comment