Sunday 17 January 2016

Directions: Self-Portrait- Set Rebuild

Set Rebuild

A few years ago I made a Lego based short film called "The Rock Chick". I wanted to incorporate parts of that film into my self-portrait however, I want to recreate the shots, not just take footage from the original film. So to do this I needed to start by rebuilding the set that I used. Lucky for me my younger brother still has all of his Lego so rebuilding the set was easy. I rewatched the film and drew a floor plan of the small set based on what I could see. Unfortunately, I don't still have the original footage so the film was my only reference point. I spent a few hours rebuilding the set and I think I got it pretty close to the original.

Here are two shots from the film:

Shot 1
Shot 2
Here are two photos from the rebuild:


Shot 1
Shot 2
And here is a photo of the full set:

The full set
I think I got it pretty close to the original set and I think it'll look exactly the same when it's on screen. I look forward to incorporating this into my self-portrait.

0 comments:

Post a Comment